Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Watch With Wonder Wednesday: Gifts From God

We have all been blessed with gifts!! One of the gifts that I believe I was blessed with was the ability to learn new things quickly (especially when it comes to technology.) When I was a senior in High School I got the opportunity to learn photography. I mostly taught myself but had a little coaching by a great man. So for "Watch with Wonder Wednesday" I wanted to share some of the pictures that I have taken. So here they are:


One day I had the urge to climb on top of the shed in our backyard, so I did, and of course I took my camera with me!!


I love the Beauty of the earth that God gave us and so I try to take a piece of that beauty with me!!


















And so I continue: We all have gifts both temporal and spiritual. Today in a meeting of missionaries we had the opportunity to talk about spiritual gifts! It was a very spiritual meeting! We learned about each other and about ourselves! One of the main things that I stood out to me was the importance of being humble, but of being humble the right way! One of the missionaries said that "humility isn't tearing yourself down, but building God up!!!" That was such an eye opener to me. Often I think that in order to be humble I have to think that I am nothing, and that I don't have gifts like so many others do. That is just wrong! By doing so we are denying the reality of the blessings and gifts that God has given us. We are in essence telling God that our gifts aren't good enough! We have all been granted gifts because we have a Heavenly Father that truly loves us!! Our gifts are both for our benefit and for the benefit of those around us!

I love God and am so grateful for the lessons that I learn each day! I am full of gratitude for the gifts that God has granted me, and so deeply want to live up to them. I know that as we strive to do our best and seek to learn what our gifts are, we will be able to do great things for those around us and for our Heavenly Father!


Here is an article that I found today about spiritual gifts: "Recognize and Develop Your Spiritual Gifts, Elder Hales Counsels"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment about what you feel about the post, any questions, similar experiences or added insights!