Friday, March 4, 2011

"The Healing Power of Forgiveness"

"To forgive is a divine attribute. It is to pardon or excuse someone from blame for an offense or misdeed. The scriptures refer to forgiveness in two ways. The Lord commands us to repent of our sins and seek His forgiveness. He also commands us to forgive those who offend or hurt us." (LDS.org)

Why is it Important to Forgive?

Forgiveness is a great gift from God that will change and bless our lives and lives of those around us. I  remember times when i was younger and was teased or hurt in some way, I would begin to hold grudges and personal vendettas against the offender. The anger and frustration would build with in me and the hatred would began to seek deep into my body. I then realized that the vengeful thought and feelings I was having were from the devil, the great deceiver. I learned that I could quickly avoid such feelings, and the associated pain and guilt that came with them, by simply forgiving those who offended me. The blessings that came into my life were amazing! I was happy and peaceful again! I know that sometimes forgiveness is hard to give, but I can promise you that it is worth it. You will see "The Miracle of Forgiveness" work in your life, and the hand of our Savior reach into your life and bless it immensely.

Watch a touching story of a man who learns forgiveness and therefore blesses his life as well as the life of his offender.


Also view other resources on Forgiveness:
"The Healing Power of Forgiveness" James E. Faust
LDS.org "Gospel Study: Forgiveness"
Additional Resources

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment about what you feel about the post, any questions, similar experiences or added insights!