Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Dying For Happiness: The Priesthood

As I continued to grow in the gospel, my knowledge of it's power and strength grew. This knowledge especially grew when I received the Aaronic Priesthood. It was an amazing feeling as a twelve year old boy to know that God trusted me enough to give me his power and authority to help bring others unto salvation. What a great responsibility. This song sums up being a young man who holds the priesthood in a great way.



It is true, we need to learn our duty by the Prophets voice. We have opportunities to serve and to lead, even as a youth. It was such a great learning experience for me to learn and grow as a person and in the gospel through having those responsibilities. Due to the Priesthood I learned from a young age how to lead others in accomplishing a purpose. I was then able to take that trait into all other aspects of my life and lead in different ways throughout my life. When I was 17 one of my friends learned about the church and decided that he wanted to be baptized. He asked me if I would baptize him.
Of course, I said that I would love to. Although I was excited I was also a little nervous. I was a teenager, and I would be performing an ordinance for this friend that is required to live with God again. It was a great thought to know that God trusted me enough to allow me to do such an important thing! I felt so good after the baptism, and it helped me to better understand the priesthood and the blessings that come with it! I know that the Priesthood is real and that it truly is the power of God! I know that it can bless all of our lives if we allow it, whether we hold the Priesthood or not.



To read the Previous Posts in the Series and learn about upcoming posts, check out the Series Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment about what you feel about the post, any questions, similar experiences or added insights!