Wednesday, April 4, 2012

All Things Denote There is a God

This morning, being a little bit stressed, I had the feeling like I should go for a walk. So I did. I ended up walking by the chapel in town and decided to stop. I sat on the picnic bench in the back and just pondered. I looked at the beauties around me and couldn't help but think of God's love.
 Then as the feeling of stress entered my mind yet again, I began to pray out loud to God while sitting here on this picnic bench. I had the feeling to simply thank Him for my many blessings. The trees, the sun, the cool breeze.
I continued to thank him for my family, and for the opportunities to grow that he sends to me and trusts me with. Peace filled my mind and I knew that He was close by, listening to me and watching over me. I know that everything will work out because He is in the details of my life. Being filled with love, peace and gratitude; I got up to leave, took some pictures around the church and then as I began to walk away felt like I needed to write this post here and now. So I came back to the picnic bench, and thanks to the technology that I have with me today, I began to type.



I know God lives and loves each of us. I know He watches over us all. When we take the time to pause and "Be still and know that I am God" He will enlighten us and fill us with His love. (Psalms 46:10) We can then realize as Alma did that "all things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth, and all things that are upon the face of it." (Alma 30:44) I challenge you to think about your blessings and how you have seen God in your life and then write it down!

He loves you!

1 comment:

  1. I love this! Thank you for sharing! One of my most favorite scriptures is "Be still and know that I am God." Another favorite is "Trust in the Lord..." and "My thoughts are not your thoughts..." You are right that because He is in the details of your life, it WILL all work out, maybe not how you planned, but it will be even better. One time when something negative happened that was big in our family, I started getting nervous and did not have peace initially. Don reminded me that God would see us through it, just as He had every other challenge we had had (and he reminded me of several). I so appreciated him reminding me. And now, 3.5 years later, I can see how those things had to happen for us to be where we are today in all areas of our life. One thing that helps me is to keep a gratitude journal, kind of how you did this with post. It is very therapeutic for me. It is what got me through some of the darkest trials, remembering that Heavenly Father and Jesus were still very much a part of my life daily, if I just looked around and focused on those things. Thanks, again, for sharing this!!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment about what you feel about the post, any questions, similar experiences or added insights!